The Teddybear's Picnic at Argyle House

Our Booth looking on to the pitch.


When you look at the image above in my blog what do you see? Rangers Football Club? Nope, wrong answer. Ibrox? Nope, wrong again. If you look past the football associations you will allow yourself to see the small silver/metal signage on the door labelled “Argyle House Restaurant”. This little beauty will be the focus of today’s blog.

I stepped into the Argyle House Restaurant 150 Edmiston Dr, Glasgow G51 2XD for the first time on my eighteenth birthday and fell in love immediately, so much so I told my parents no matter who, where or when I get engaged, this venue (depending cost wise) will host my engagement party…….that was ten years ago and I’m still waiting for a ring. Haha! Anyways back to eating.

 I’m very, very aware of the major red, white and blue influence surrounding the restaurant but quite honestly I couldn’t give a toot about that. I don’t like football, I have no interest in it and I couldn’t even tell you the rules of the game if my life depended on it. I stated in my first blog I love my food, I love to eat out and I try to stay away from franchise restaurants. I like to go to a place knowing I can have something different to eat compared to another establishment and whether the ArgyleHouse Restaurant is related to football it doesn’t bother me at all. It’s an amazing restaurant with a beautiful setting and suits perfectly for both couple and group bookings. The venue offers the perfect layout for couples dining out for a romantic date night or a group party.
Having dinner in a booth, looking out on to the pitch.
From stepping into the reception you take the lift up to the restaurant where you are educated on various legends and heroes of the brand from the past. Once the lift doors open you step out into an open room creating a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. The restaurant presents a very calm and still presence.

Mr Sk celebrates his birthday in April so I decided to surprise him with a visit to the ArgyleHouse Restaurant last year. Upon booking you are given the option of a table in the open area of the restaurant or a booth with a glass window. I selected a booth option. The booth offers the luxury view for the ultimate football fan to enjoy their night looking out on to the pitch and stadium. To be honest it is a beautiful setting and very romantic, it’s been a common thing for wedding day pictures to be taken out on the pitch.

Having dinner at the Argyle House Restaurant.

 I’ve been fortunate enough to eat at the ArgyleHouse Restaurant a few times and not once have I had a problem. Unfortunately last year a group booking requested the full venue for an occasion meaning we were moved to another night however the club made it up to us and treated us like royalty in return, even giving us a complimentary bottle of bubbles. The food served is on offer from a three-course menu followed by tea and coffee. The food is delicious, extremely tasty and freshly cooked offering various types of meat suiting all appetites. When sitting in the exclusive booths you are treated to your own waiter providing a five star service. There is even light settings should the guests choose to use them.  It is just perfect- eating dinner in your own private section of the venue looking out on to the field. Dining at this establishment is a special occasion; I wouldn’t eat here regularly as that would take the speciality away from the occasion. Prices paid are slightly higher than an average restaurant however for us it’s a one off birthday occasion and a special night out.
Complimentary bubbles. 
 I completely understand the whole football, specific team influence in my blog today and appreciate everyone has different views but this restaurant is simply divine offering five star service to guests. Should an opposing team provide this restaurant I would still visit it- there is nothing football related about my blog, they simply provided a beautiful night and dinner for us. I absolutely love this restaurant and still stand by carrying out my wish of hosting a special event at this venue. ArgyleHouse Restaurant is very special, I’ve had a few good family nights here and the service provided is immaculate with the staff attending to every need.

Using the selfy stick in our booth, looking out on to the pitch. 

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment