Nothing Helps the Morning After the Night Before Like Nandos

There are mixed reviews in regards to Nandos . Some people love it, others find it boring because they only serve chicken but I really enjoy a visit to Nandos


Being a mature student is a dream I always had and I’m so happy that I am finally carrying out my dream. I am in my third year at university working towards my goals of an honours degree. In addition to the constant studying I also work part time, some shifts can be in the early morning or even during the night resulting in a lack of social life, which is why I usually end up at Crollas (see previous blog) for a catch up with friends.

It is very rare for me to have a night out, I think the last time I decorated the tiles of Glasgow was back in September so with this in mind my friend and I decided it was time for a reunion and a rare night out.

Monday night took us to one of the new clubs in Glasgow and quite honestly we had such a good night out. It was so good to have a girlie night involving laughs and dancing. No matter what they say it is a fact that the older you get the hangovers get worse however I have learnt in the past what agrees with me and what doesn’t. I stuck to clear spirits all night allowing me to wake up with a fresh head on Tuesday morning apart from the sore feet.

No matter how little you or how much you consume on a night out mixed with a late bedtime your body feels lethargic all day. This called for a visit to Nandos and my favourite catch-up place of Crollas. As I have mentioned previously Nandos is one of the few chain restaurants I can visit due to my dietary restrictions and it just happens to be one of my friend’s favourite eating-places. 


The restaurant provides freshly cooked and prepared hot food within a quick serving time and the cost isn’t too deadly. Not only are the branches of Nandos cluttered closely meaning you can reach one within a close driving distance throughout the United Kingdom but the company also rewards their customers. The more visits a consumer as to Nandos the more points they have racked up on a loyalty card rewarding customers with free food on their next visit.
Nandos

My friend and I usually eat out at the same branch of Nandos in Glasgow but even on the odd chance of when I have visited Nandos in a different location the staff have always been friendly and provided good customer service. The atmosphere in Nandos is brilliant; no matter the location it’s always an enthusiastic, energetic, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. In addition Nandos is always welcoming. I would recommend for anyone who hasn’t tried Nandos to pay a visit. It’s affordable, tasty, hot fresh food and hosts a great atmosphere.



Nandos chicken Pitta with chips, halloumi and corn on the cob. 



I love eating out; it’s a treat that allows me to enjoy the company of loved ones at a cheaper expense compared to a night out. Most of the time I’m eating out and visiting restaurants with my better half Mr SK (more about him later) requiring us to get dressed up but it is nice to go out now and then with my friends on a more relaxed and casual scale to Nandos.  

Every time I go to Nandos I always say I will try something different on the menu but I always end up ordering the same thing. I absolutely adore the halloumi cheese on the side served with a portion of chips and corn on the cob with my usual serving of chicken in a pitta. The classification of my spice on my chicken tends to become a running joke with my friend and I. Normally when ordering our food a smirk appears on my friend’s face when I’m asked what spice I would like it. My answer usually ranges between plain or mango & lime (for those who haven’t tried Nandos it’s a very basic and non- spicy flavour added to the meal) meanwhile my friend requests a hot spicy flavour later adding more hot sauce to her meal from the condiments section. Due to my IBS I can’t eat spicy food but I also don’t have a good tongue for chilli’s and spicy food either. My threshold for spice is quite low meaning I tend to eat a lot of plain food items. We always have a giggle about my orders at Nandos- the brand is known for its spices and peri peri ingredients and here’s me ordering probably the most plainest item on the menu. Whilst my friend adds on dollops of hot sauce I’m scouring for mayonnaise and ketchup. 

My friend is what we could refer to as a fussy eater. Even on Christmas Day she will only eat certain things. This made it difficult for us to go out at the start of our friendship- not knowing if she would like items off the menu at different restaurants. Then we discovered our mutual love for chicken and Nandos and our friendship blossomed. 

"Strawberry Sensation"


A visit to Nandos has now been added to the cards every time we go out for a catch up followed by a visit to Crollas (see previous blog) for our other love: ice cream! Last night took us to Nandos then to Crollas. For the first time in ever I changed my selection of “Cold Stone Creation”. Instead of my usual “chocolate cookie dough overdose” which my friend had I chose the “Strawberry Sensation”.

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment